The Spacetime Metric
Friday, September 29, 2006
  revolution in cosmology
The physics conference is only one week away now.
This morning I was quite worried because I discovered that I had an advanced calc test on Friday, October 6. I thought the test was going to be at night, but it turns out that it will be during the day (which is rare for RPI). So I won't have to reschedule my test... not that I could, because I have two OTHER big tests next week. There's no way I would miss out on this conference.
Strangely enough, I don't know anyone else from RPI who's going to this. None of my undergrad friends even knew about it. I think the educational-level distribution will look very similar to a delta function: virtually no undergrads, and almost all eminent PhDs. The integral over all people will equal 1, anyway (at least I hope). Seriously, though, I hope there will be other undergrads or grad students there... after all, who knows when another physics conference of this magnitude will occur? (Mensa's colloquium next year is all about humor, in case anyone's wondering: http://colloq07.us.mensa.org//AM/Template.cfm?Section=Home3 ). I would only go if they told jokes like the ones here: (http://www.math.ualberta.ca/~runde/jokes.html ).
The authors of "Not Even Wrong" and "The Reference Frame" haven't mentioned anything about the conference yet, but it would be REALLY interesting if they went. It would be a lot more than just a revolution in cosmology...
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
A cosmological blog designed to prevent crackpots from ruining professional physics blogs.

Name:
Location: Ocean County, NJ / Rensselaer County, NY, United States

I am an undergraduate at RPI (Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute). I enjoy reading physics blogs because I am working toward becoming a physicist. One of my objectives is to increase scientific literacy, which will prevent crackpots from attacking eminent physics blogs.

ARCHIVES
September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 /


Powered by Blogger